Experience: Publishing Design was a module I didn't expect to be as abstract as it was. With every class, my fascination for layouts, text, and visuals grew, and I began to wonder how far I could push the boundaries with designing a book. The topic I chose was something close and personal to me, a fictional story i admittedly came up with in almost one sitting. To me, I enjoyed the print process the most. Watching my work come to life in physical media was joyous, and I was pleasantly surprised with the image quality. This was a work I could say I was incredibly proud of, something that felt very much like me. The work I may have struggled with was the final video. It was unclear to me what was fully expected. I love gathering inspiration and reference, however could not find many for this. I hope my abstract approach makes sense to lure audiences in, and make them curious to read my book.
Observations:The growth in my work and understanding of publishing design stemmed from observations of others work: classmates, past pupils, and professionals in the industry. This was prevalent through my layout designs and grid making. I applied a lot of my findings into this area of my work. Using physical paper through Task 1 helped me understand how bookmaking works, which was definitely something very new to me. Classmates advice and help also took me a long way, I was able to understand the signature folding system, page sizing, and how to bind and print the final book.
Findings: With my findings, I was able to make a mood boards, gather inspiration for all my visual and layout references. Many YouTube tutorial helped me understand InDesign, such as their shortcuts and master pages. Going through past pupil's work helped me format and organize information on my e-portfolio, ready for grading.
Comments
Post a Comment