Brand Corporate Identity - Task 1 & 2

Insha Thahirah Rajab - 0360671

Brand Corporate Identity - Section 02

Bachelor's Degree  in Creative Media (Honors) - Taylors University

Task 1 & 2



*


CONTENTS

Lectures

Instructions

TASK 1

TASK 2

References

Feedback

Reflection


*



INSTRUCTIONS


Figure 1.0 Instructions, Week 1(24/04/2026)

*




TASK 1


Logo Design Development 


Dear students,


For this assignment milestone, you are required to submit and present your Logo Design Development Presentation for your own brand. This presentation should clearly show how your logo direction is developed from research, brand strategy, concept exploration, sketching, and digitisation.


This is not only a “final logo submission.” You must show your thinking process, how your brand research supports your own brand direction, and how your logo visually communicates your brand identity.


What Your Presentation Should Include

1. Brand Case Study Analysis Comparison

Begin your presentation by briefly showing your brand case study analysis. You should compare the brands you studied and explain what you learned from them.


You may discuss:


Brand positioning

Target audience

Brand personality

Logo type

Colour and typography style

Visual style

Tone of voice

Strengths and weaknesses

Key learning that can help your own brand

Your case study should help you understand how real brands build recognition, meaning, personality, and consistency through logo, visual identity, tone of voice, and brand applications.


2. Your Own Brand Proposal and Strategy

After the case study analysis, explain your own brand direction clearly.


Please include:


Brand name

Brand industry / category

Product or service

Target audience

Brand USP / unique difference

Brand concept

Brand purpose

Brand mission

Brand vision

Brand goal

Brand values

Brand personality

Tone of voice

Your proposal should guide your logo sketches and brand direction, not just describe the brand generally. It should help us understand why your logo looks the way it looks.


3. Logo Design Concept Development

Next, show your logo design thinking process.


You should include:


Logo concept explanation

Visual keywords or symbolism behind the logo

Sketches and exploration

Selected/finalised sketch

Reason why this direction was chosen

How the logo aligns with your brand USP, personality, values, and tone

Please do not only show the final logo. You must show how the design developed from idea → sketch → selection → refinement.


4. Logo Equation

Show your logo equation to explain how your visual elements combine into the final logo.


Example structure:


Element 1 + Element 2 + Brand Meaning = Final Logo


You should explain what each element represents and how the combination supports the brand concept. The logo presentation core kit also includes a “Logo Equation” section where students can show visual elements and the final logo result.


5. Digitisation Outcome

After showing your sketches and selected logo, present the digitised logo outcome.


You must show:


Primary logo

Logomark

Wordmark

Full logo / primary lockup

Logo grid

Secondary logo

Favicon

Black and white reversed logo

For this milestone, colour is not required. Typography may be mentioned if you have already explored it, but the main focus is your logo design development and logo file preparation.


Final Deliverables to Submit

Please submit the following items:


1. Brand Case Study Analysis Report

Submit in PDF format.


2. Brand Proposal

Submit in PDF format.


3. Logo File Structure Folder

Upload your logo files using the required folder structure:


Primary Logo

Secondary Logo

Logomark

Favicon

Black and White Reversed Logo

Each folder should include the logo in these formats:


AI

EPS

SVG

PDF

JPEG

PNG

Your logo package should include both vector and image file types. AI is the original source file, SVG is suitable for digital/web use, PDF is a universal editable format, EPS is commonly used for print production, while JPEG and PNG are raster image formats for digital use.


Please organise your folders clearly and name your files properly. The logo file guide shows that a clean logo file structure should separate logo variations, colour spaces, colour variations, and file formats clearly.


4. Presentation Slides

Submit your final presentation slides in PDF or PowerPoint format.



*

.


RESEARCH

    - Brand

A brand is a customer/ public perception of a business, product, or service and how they choose to remember this. It is the sum of the identity, mission, vision and overall image the company wants consumers to view them as.

Figure 1. What is a Brand, Week 1(27/04/2026)


Figure 1.1 Examples of Famous Brands, Week 1(27/04/2026)

    - Branding

The process of which a business invests time, and resources into creating this image for consumers and audiences to link to their product.

Figure 1. What is Branding, Week 1(27/04/2026)


Figure 1.2 Rhode's Photoshoot Branding, Week 1(27/04/2026)


    - Brand Identity

The visual elements and messaging that a brand showcases as part of their aesthetic and personality, such as logo, colour, typography, even their customer interactions and marketing messaging. 


Figure 1. What is Branding, Week 1(27/04/2026)


Figure 1.3 Example of Brand Identity, Week 1(27/04/2026)

To sum up, here is the core distinction between the three:


Figure 1.4 Brand vs Branding vs Brand Identity, Week 1(27/04/2026)

After collecting this information, I decided to start on my Canva and include my findings.

INDUSTRY CHOSEN - 5 BRANDS


The Industry I have chosen is the Online Dating Industry. 

The market is segmented into 3 categories: 
  • Serious Online Dating (Long-Term Relationships)
  • Casual Dating (Hook-ups, Going out)
  • Niche Matchmaking
The target market demographic ranges from 18-25 (Gen-Z), 26-34 (Millennials), and 35-50+ (Seniors/ Mature). Other segments include Sexual Orientation, Religious, Personal Preferences etc.

Revenue in the Online Dating market is projected to reach US$3.24bn in 2026. This is an ever-growing industry with rapid changes in trends.

The 5 dominating brands in this industry include:
  • Tinder
  • Bumble
  • Hinge
  • Grindr
  • Coffee meets Bagel
Here are some of the visuals of the top brands, which I analyzed further in my research:

    - Tinder



       






Figure 1.5 Tinder Brand Identity, Week 1(27/04/2026)

    - Bumble



Figure 1.6 Bumble Brand Identity, Week 1(27/04/2026)


  - Hinge




Figure 1.7 Hinge Brand Identity, Week 1(27/04/2026)



- Grindr




Figure 1.8 Grindr Brand Identity, Week 1(27/04/2026)


- Match.com



Figure 1.9 Match.com Brand Identity, Week 1(27/04/2026)




During week 2, sir instructed us to fill our findings in a word document provided for our case study analysis. This was due in week7, along with logo sketches and concept for my own online dating brand.

This is the document:


Figure 2.0 Brand Case Study Analysis Document


Through my research, I understood gaps in the market, target audience for each brand, and how each brand's visual identity and marketing push their names to consumers. Each brand had its own specific USP, which helped me analyze and come up with my own. 

LOGO SKETCHES

Simultaneously whilst filing in the doc, we had to come up with our own brand concept, taking into account gaps in the market, and also create 30 logo sketches for approval. I started brainstorming niche ideas for my dating brand concept, and decided to go for a queer women dating app that reimagines swipe culture. I made a mood board of what sort of brand visuals I had envisioned:

Figure 2.1 Brand Identity Inspiration


With this idea in mind, I began to come up with many logo sketches. I started traditionally drawing down loose ideas first:

Figure 2.2 Logo Sketches 1 & 2

Figure 2.3 Logo Sketches 3 & 4



Figure 2.4 Logo Sketches 5



After some much needed feedback and some shortlisted sketch options, I had a clearer direction and decided to work on a digital version of the sketch, for cleanliness and simplicity. It also helps to keep the shapes and forms straight forward, as it would be easier to be made on illustrator later.

Figure 2.5 Digital Logo Sketches 1


From these designs, sir selected the letter V with the two e's the bottom right two options, as well as the script "eve" text to be my final two candidates. I spent some time further refining these two designs reworking along the way:

Figure 2.6 Eve logo Development Sketches 1



Figure 2.7 Eve logo Development Sketches 2


After some more feedback, It was decided that the pictorial eve icon made more sense for an app and reflected the nature of the brand more. However, the design felt a bit too corporate and needed to feel more fun and safe as my visual direction was. I softened many of the ends and finally came up with something I was happy with:


Figure 2.8 Eve logo Development Sketches 3


I worked with black and white variations to image the reverse colour option, as well as dark and light mode for screens.

Figure 2.9 Eve logo Development Sketches 4


With more feedback from the panel, I was asked if the design could feature more of the snake elements from the script eve text to further emphasize the message. I reworked my design further to come up with this:


Figure 3.0 Final Eve logo Development Sketch

DIGITZATION


The design was ready to be digitized. From feedback, I was told to digitize both the pictorial and the wordmark just in case both could be used. I imported the sketch onto illustrator and worked on both, which did end up taking double time. This was my workspace:

Figure 3.1 Eve Wordmark Digitization

Figure 3.2 Eve Logomark Digitization

I used a regular grid for the wordmark, and an isometric grid for the pictorial logo. I used circles as the main shapes for both.

When looking at both and trying to combine the two as a final logo and wordmark, it didn't make sense. Both designs clashed too much and a final pick was made as the heart. With each critique and reflections, I made as many developments until I was finally happy with the logo:

Figure 3.3 Eve Logomark Process

While working on the logo, I had to complete the Brand Proposal Template. I did countless research and notes in order to fill this in, and really paint the picture of eve. This was my document:

Figure 3.4 Brand Proposal Template

TYPOGRAPHY AND COLOUR

The presentation was postponed by a week, so we had to develop on the colour and typography of the brand. This was my process. Through feedback and by analyzing what I wanted my brand to convey, I decided to go for two sans serif fonts for readability and overall matched the brand's identity. 




After experimenting and consulting sir, I decided to use a lowercase font. I used Cen TW Met for the main logo text (Headings).

For colours I experimented a lot, but wasn't fully certain I had found the right set of colours. However, from a glance I liked the concept of pink, purple and deep red/ burgundy with a pop or a cool tone.



It was then time to create the presentation slides and make logo variations for submission. This was my process of sizing and reseizing the logo into the requirements, checking if the size of the logomark and wordmark as well as the spacing made sense:



I then started making my slides. For the colours I experimented with some colour palettes I found online along my own preferences. These were some of my references:




This was my first attempt, adding all the colour palettes I was interested in to check colour combinations and how they would look together in slides:



I couldn't decide, so I made different colour layouts to choose from:






This is what my final completed slides looked like, with the chosen palette, typography and content:


FINAL SLIDES


It was fresh, fun, and feminine without overdoing it.

These were my final completed slides:

Brand Proposal Template

My Final Logo files were submitted to Teams as instructed. I was done with Task 1.


*




TASK 2


Task 2: Brand Guideline with Elements, Icon and Mockup 


Dear students,
For Task 2: Brand Guideline with Brand Assets and Mockup, you are required to continue developing your brand identity based on the brand direction and guideline created from your previous Task 1.

This task focuses on how you apply your brand concept, USP, logo, colour palette, typography, personality, and tone of voice into a more complete and consistent visual identity system. You are expected to create suitable brand assets and mockup applications that clearly match your brand identity.

This is not only a “mockup design submission.” You must show how your visual assets, layout style, and mockups are developed from your brand guideline. Your design should not be random, decorative, or based only on what looks nice. Every visual decision should connect back to your brand strategy, brand meaning, and target audience.

Your final outcome should look like a complete visual brand identity presentation, similar to the reference videos shown, where the logo, colour, typography, brand assets, and mockups are presented as one consistent brand system.

What Your Presentation Should Include

1. Recap of Your Brand Direction from Task 1

Begin your presentation by briefly showing your approved brand direction from Task 1.

You should include:
  • Brand name
  • Brand industry / category
  • Product or service
  • Target audience
  • Brand USP / unique difference
  • Brand concept
  • Brand personality
  • Tone of voice
  • Final logo direction
  • Colour palette
  • Typography direction

This section should be brief but clear. It should remind us what your brand stands for before you move into the visual identity application.

2. Brand Guideline Application

You must show how your brand guideline is used as the foundation for your visual identity system.

Please include:
  • Primary logo
  • Secondary logo
  • Logomark / favicon
  • Logo clear space
  • Logo minimum size
  • Correct and incorrect logo usage
  • Brand colour palette with colour codes
  • Primary and secondary typography
  • Typography hierarchy
  • Layout style
  • Visual style direction
  • Image / photography / illustration style, if applicable

Your brand guideline should help control the consistency of your design. The brand assets and mockups should clearly follow the same logo style, colours, typography, and overall brand personality.

3. Brand Assets Development

You are required to develop a set of brand assets that strengthen and support your visual identity system. Minimum of 10 designs of one of the below in PNG format:

Brand assets may include:
  • Graphic elements
  • Patterns
  • Shapes
  • Lines
  • Textures
  • Illustration elements
  • Symbolic motifs
  • Decorative assets
  • Background systems
  • Frames or layout devices
  • Icon system
  • Product / service related icons
  • Brand value or feature icons
  • Stickers or supporting visual devices

These assets should be developed based on your brand concept, USP, logo style, colour palette, typography, personality, and tone of voice.

You should show:
  • Visual keywords behind the assets
  • Moodboard or stylistic direction
  • Sketches and exploration
  • Digital development process
  • Final selected brand assets
  • Explanation of how the assets support your brand identity

Your brand assets must not feel random or decorative only. They should work as a consistent system and clearly match the identity of your brand.

If you are creating icons, please ensure they have consistency in:

  • Style
  • Stroke weight or fill style
  • Corner treatment
  • Proportion
  • Spacing
  • Visual meaning

The goal is to build a clear and usable set of visual assets that can be applied across your brand mockups and applications.


4. Mockup Design Application

You are required to apply your brand identity system onto suitable mockup designs.

Your mockups should show how your brand works in real-life applications. You may choose mockups that are relevant to your brand, product, or service. Best if the mockups are the main focus of the brand, such as food for F&B brand. Minimum of 5 Designs from below choices. 

Examples include:
  • Packaging design
  • Product label
  • Business card
  • Stationery
  • Social media post
  • Poster
  • Website or app interface
  • Menu
  • Uniform
  • Tote bag
  • Merchandise
  • Signage
  • Storefront
  • Delivery packaging
  • Event or campaign material

Your mockups must apply your own logo, colours, typography, and brand assets. Do not simply place your logo on a random template. The mockup should look like a complete branded design.

You should explain:
Why the selected mockup is suitable for your brand
How the design follows your brand guideline
How the brand assets are applied
How the mockup communicates your brand personality and USP


5. Final Visual Identity Board / Brand Presentation Outcome
At the end of your presentation, show your complete brand identity system in a polished layout.

This may include:
Logo
Colour palette
Typography
Brand assets
Pattern / graphic system
Mockup applications
Overall brand visual direction

The final presentation should look clean, consistent, and professional. It should clearly show that your brand can be applied across different touchpoints while still maintaining the same identity.

Final Deliverables to Submit
Please submit the following items:


1. Brand Guideline / Brand Book

Submit in PDF format.

Your brand guideline should include:
Brand overview
Brand concept and USP
Logo system
Colour palette
Typography system
Brand assets
Mockup applications
Usage rules and explanations


2. Brand Assets Folder

Upload your brand assets using a clear folder structure.

Suggested folder structure:
Graphic Elements
Icon System
Pattern / Supporting Assets
Final Exported Assets
Each folder should include the necessary file formats where applicable:

AI
EPS
SVG
PDF
JPEG
PNG

Please organise your files clearly and name them properly.


3. Mockup Design Folder

Submit your final mockup designs in high-quality preview format.

Your folder should include:
Final mockup JPEG / PNG
Editable working file, PSD
Any linked assets, if needed

Your mockups should be customised according to your brand guideline and should not look like empty template placements.


4. Presentation Slides

Submit your final presentation slides in PDF or PowerPoint format.

Your slides should clearly show your development process and final outcome, including:
Brand recap
Brand guideline application
Brand assets development
Mockup development
Final brand identity presentation

Important Reminder
Please make sure your Task 2 outcome is based on the brand direction you have already developed. Your logo, colours, typography, brand assets, and mockups must work together as one complete brand system.

Do not create designs randomly or only based on decoration. Your visual identity must communicate your brand concept, USP, target audience, personality, and tone of voice clearly.

Your final submission should show consistency, creativity, brand understanding, design development, and professional presentation quality.


*

.


BRAND ASSETS


I started off doing the exercise in class. Mr Max instructed us to come up with 10 words, and try to come up with visual assets for each one.

This is what I came up with in class:





I had decided to use photography for half of my visual assets. Eve was a brand that expresses its message primarily through photos, such as most dating apps, so this would be fitting.





I also prepared myself for what kind of mockups I would be creating. This was my final compilation of brainstorming.




Half of my assets were done in class itself, the pictures to be used to represent eve were shortlisted. These were the picks:






I looked through some inspiration on Pinterest for brand assets that would insprie me:



These were the first few assets I came up with:




I wasn't happy with it so I did many other assets to show in class




I liked the vibe that this image gae, so I used that as a reference point to show sir that I wanted the aesthetic to feel like this:



After some feedback from sir, I had a clearer direction on what was expected from sir. I made as many assets as I could, not focusing on whether or not they would be used or not.




Some of these assets included icons that I needed to use for my app and website mockups. These were my final brand assets compiled in my Brand Guidelines:




WEBSITE AND APP MOCKUP

This mockup proved to be the most challenging and time consuming. I used Figma to create the app, and came up with numerous designs for approval. Upon talking to sir, I began to understand that one colour needed to be primary, with two secondary colours. the rest of the colours had to be extremely minimal in use. With that in mind, I was able to follow those guidelines in creating an app layout design, focusing on dark and light mode variations:










Sir said to focus on just one mode, and that he preferred the burgundy design. I also needed to make it more readable, increase the font size and imagine it as a fully functional app. He also requested to make one more functional page, such as the chat log. I thought hard on what to do, and decided to make the functions of the main page a scrollable screen, making two different mockup options. I also made a chat log:






I was happy with this design and followed the same principle for a desktop version. Sir suggested to compress the features for that into just one page. This was my first homepage design:




I struggled designing the home page as it needed more photography visual. I made many variations until I was happy with one:







Sir liked the first login page but said to keep the opacity of the image 100% and find a way to make the text visible. For the rest of the pages, I followed the phone mockup's layout but resized and reduced content for desktop. Here was the final result:






COASTER AND BUSINESS CARD MOCKUPS

I started off making coaster designs. I started off with the simple logo to catch people's eye and remain mysterious:



It felt a little bland and boring, so I wanted to introduce a phrase or slogan that would spike attention. I liked the phrase "Maybe she's here" as it conveys the brand's message without revealing too much.




I found a layout that made sense and made many colour variations to see which was a fit for the final one:




For the business card I made many colour variations of the same design. The direction was to keep the front secretive yet inviting with the message "keep this between us", and the inside with necessary contact and other information:




Sir suggested a better layout design. I made various colour combinations:




This is what my workspace looked like for both mockups:



These were my final chosen designs:




SOCIAL MEDIA AND ADVERTISING MOCKUPS


For these mockups, It was relatively experimental, using the brand assets and other images, playing around with text and colour till I was able to create what I needed. I decided to make a fake social media page, and also create 2 posters.




The first designs from the first and second row were going to be my poster mockups. The rest were for my social media account. I created my fake profile on instagram and curated posts:



Afterwards I included this screenshot onto a mockup to show it in application:




Next were the posters. I decided to use one billboard and one banner mockup. They wee intentional. One as a generic AD for of marketing, vague and private, and another as almost as a political statement, possibly once the app is more popular, the stigma is reduced, and users feel secure to come out. The choice of visuals were intentional as well when spreading both messages:






After all the assets and mockups were created, everything was compiled to my Brand Guideline Slides and Visual Identity Compilation. This was my final submission:






Rest is submitted on Teams as instructed.

During week 13, I got heavily sick and was bedridden. I recorded my presentation online for my submission:




*


REFERENCES












*


FEEDBACK

Week 1

Specific Feedback: Ok, so for a fashion brand, you definitely have a lot of competitors, so you need to find a way to make yours stand out. Making it niche, such as sunglasses, as you suggested, is smart, but also think about how to not feel limited. This may be tricky, as the collections you are showcasing isn't yours, and using pictures online may work, but feel weak. I feel there is only so much of an identity you can build. For the services, I feel as though a dating service is definitely very fun and interesting. There isn't much competitors, and the apps presently are a bit ugly, so there's a lot you can work on and reimagine. If you're into a more physical design, try to make that your concept, so you can ditch the idea of an app. I do like this choice and I feel it is very strong, do more research on both when you're deciding.

General Feedback: Remember that each task is continuous. The industry you pick will carry forward until your last assignment, so make sure your research counts. There will be 2 presentations. One on week 6, and one at week 14, these will also be the 2 times I check on all your e-portfolios. Make sure they are complete within the timeframe. Choose the direction, by next week, choose 5 brands from the same industry.

Week 2

Specific Feedback: Your choice of Industry is good, the brief is quite open minded. Approved for development. The 3 brands used can be within the online dating industry, make sure their brand identities are strong.

General Feedback: Fill in the case study analysis document as soon as you can and show me for approval. Make sure to confirm your Industry by the end of this class to finalize, or else I will have to choose one for you. When choosing case studies, try to see how you can position your own brand, what it stands for, and what its purpose is in the market.


Week 3

Specific Feedback: For your five brands, make sure you can explain its differentiation and positioning from one another, so you can try to understand your own. For your brands, ask yourself: "What makes it different from the other brands chosen, how is its purpose and identity stronger than the rest. What does it offer?". For your positioning, I need you to give me more than just another lesbian dating app, what key features makes yours different from the rest. Try not to copy the quick swiping and messaging feature, what makes yours stands out? 

Okay, after some revision I like your direction, and your location event based concept, keeping profiles fun and playful, but focusing on the focus and location aspect in dating. It helps people socialize first and then plan the date, before attending, which is very relevant to today/s day and age. Develop this further, and make sure your name and logo reflects that. I like the name "Eve &", keeping sexuality and matching open minded enough but specifying it for women, but the use of "&" as a wordmark, or even a pictorial image makes the message lost and confusing. Your logo needs to reflect your brand name, and one with an app, will prefer a pictorial app icon. Look through more names first.

General Feedback: Try to simultaneously create your brand direction and positioning, make sure it includes unique features and stands out in the market whilst filing in your case study analysis. Then try to develop your brand name and logo, keep the colour palette for next class. Make 30 sketches and explain your choices, try to do this by next week.

 

Week 4

Specific Feedback: Your logo designs don't necessarily stand out to me yet. Play around with shapes and relate it to what your brand stands for. Now that we've summarized the brand name to "Eve", as you've conducted your research, taken my feedback and can proceed, make sure the logo represents this name. There are a few concepts here I can understand but need to be stronger and relate more strongly to the nature of the brand name. You don't HAVE to use an icon, even a wordmark works if its strong enough, just think of it in the context of an app icon, letterheads etc. I can see how you've used certain images to represent your brand, such as, the icon of a carrier dove/ pigeons to send love letters, however it does not feel powerful enough to link to your brand, and feels more like a mail or delivery app. Explore some visual ideas further, don't be scared to use more shapes and be abstract, or even play with wordmarks.

From what I'm seeing, I like the letter V as a strong visual and wordmark icon. You can connect the two Es, or just keep the V in EVE as a visual icon, perhaps a snake wrapped around it like your snake icon concept (snake representing desire, as well as the story of Eve falling into temptation). The letter V also showcases femininity, womanhood, and can link nicely with repeated e's to bring out the brand name, on letterheads or icons etc. 

General Feedback: When digitizing your logos, make sure to play around with grids and guides as we learnt, to keep it clean and professional. Try to remember many shortcuts to help with your design process, and use shapes to make sure the work is proportionate. Shape-builder is a powerful took you can use to do so. For the actual logo design itself, make sure you can imagine your logo in a variety of collaterals. Make sure its sizing can be reworked in any given scenario. For black, and white versions, don't just reverse the colours, but rather invert the background to showcase the change and not lose any detail. 


Week 5

Specific Feedback: Based on what you showed me, I'm really liking this eve wordmark with the snake, as well as this strong letter V pictorial logomark, with the e's at the end, specifically the one where the design is split.

To decide which one fits your brand, make sure to understand what message you are trying to convey. The first one feels fun and flirty, and does not require a further wordmark later on, however, an app icon needs to be considered. I still feel as though this wordmark works, however, make sure the snake is obvious to see for everyone. Ask around, and get feedback. For the second wordmark, the design feels clean-cut, and professional, ideally suited for more serious daters. If you want to reposition this, you can.

After your reworking, I can see a new pictorial that has caught my eye. It is the eVe icon but now rounder and shaped like a heart. I like both wordmark and pictorial, it is up to you to decide which one to use. Also consider how the first one would not need a font pairing, however the second would, and it might change things.

General Feedback: Guys make sure to fully confirm a logo with me in class, do not leave without doing so. Communicate what your brand is about through this, but also you can play around with more abstract logos, such as the adidas flower etc. Make sure you pitch the concept to me. You need to start digitizing once I have confirmed one with you.


Week 6

Specific Feedback: Finalize your wordmark! Had a hard time choosing, was discussing with my panels together. We liked both and it's really a good logo design for both. At first, we were leaning towards the pictorial because it's represent dating app more due to the love shape and also easy to remember as a logo since it's an icon vibe. But the wordmark logo also did justice because you wanted the flirty and seductive vibe which is presenting quite well with the element of snake in the wordmark eve, and it is quite privacy protective since it's not that straight forward like a dating app for those interested to use it, they won't be afraid to have it on their phone and worry it's too obvious

General Feedback: Guys use the grid system we learnt in class when constructing your logo. I have submitted templates for you to follow, as well as a PDF guide.


Week 7

Specific Feedback: It looks nicely done with the circular grids you have chosen. For the wordmark, the left sides seems bigger than the right side. You may use both the wordmark and logomark together as they do compliment your idea.

General Feedback: Supposedly this Friday will be your logo design presentation. However, many of you are still in the process of completing and refining your work, and I understand that some of you may need a bit more time to prepare properly. I have also discussed with the panel, and we will push the presentation to Week 9 Friday June 19th, which is next next week.

Since the presentation is being pushed back, we will also be adding more content into your logo presentation. This week’s class will therefore change back to a lecture, tutorial, and consultation session, where we will go through Brand Colour and Typography. These are important parts of your brand identity, so you will need to include them later in your final presentation and also update them in your ePortfolio.

For this Friday, please bring your current logo progress, brand concept, and any development you have so far. I will use the session to consult and guide you further so your work can be more complete and stronger before the final presentation.

Please don’t see this as extra time to delay the work, but as extra time to improve the quality of your logo and brand identity. Make good use of it ya.


Week 8

Specific Feedback: Leaning towards these two sans serif fonts for your brand. Color wise you may need to test so I can tell. For your brand case study, You can send it to me to take a look at it. But it's okay, just make sure you use AI but also read what the AI write cause you know they're smart but not that smart too sometimes may twist your concept. For the presentation, you play around with the sequence of the presentation, but yes the content and presentation should be like brand guideline, brand assets no need ya.

PROF PHIL CLEAVER: Your brand is strong, always think about what you would want in an app. I like your logomark design, it feels secretive and you can brand this as an exclusive club for women-only. In a country such as Malaysia, it's important to take these things into consideration. Women are strong, and not just feminine, there is more to them. That is why script fonts or a script logomark is a weak design choice. I like the idea you have here, just follow what your heart feels is right for your brand.


Week 9

Specific Feedback: Overall this is a very strong and well-developed submission. The case study analysis is clear, well explained, and shows good understanding of how dating app brands use positioning, interaction systems, visual identity, tone of voice, safety, and user experience to build recognition. The information display is also clear, and the comparison between Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, Grindr, and Match.com helps support your own brand direction well. Eve has a very strong USP, especially because it moves away from swipe-based dating and focuses on real-world, activity-based matching, privacy, shared experiences, and safer low-pressure connections. This makes the brand feel more unique and meaningful compared to many existing dating apps. The brand values fit well with the concept, and the emphasis on authenticity, freedom, expression, safety, and community gives the brand a clear emotional and functional purpose. 


The brand identity is also well presented in the slides, with strong use of colour, typography, photography, and visual tone to help the audience understand the app’s personality and service direction. The logo development and concept are also very strong. The heart form clearly connects to love, connection, attraction, and dating, while the hidden snake adds a more interesting layer of curiosity, mystery, self-discovery, and the Eve reference. This gives the logo more depth without making it too complicated. The isometric grid exploration is well designed, and the logotype is clean, minimal, and suitable for an app-based brand. The primary logo, secondary logo, logomark, and favicon are all clean, neat, recognisable, and appropriate for digital application. The colour palette is sharp, vibrant, and memorable, and it works very well when applied to the logo, although it can be used more smoothly and consistently throughout the entire slide deck so the overall brand system feels even more unified. Typography is also very well used and supports the modern, confident, playful, and intentional tone of the brand. 


As a small improvement, some sections such as brand values and brand personality could include short descriptions or supporting text, because some audience members may want to read and understand the slides again without relying only on your verbal explanation. 


Overall, this is one of the stronger projects, with a clear concept, strong visual identity, meaningful logo, and a unique application idea. Moving forward, continue refining the consistency of the colour application and start testing how the identity works across app screens, event listings, profile cards, and other user touchpoints.


Week 10

Specific Feedback: I like your chosen words, I feel like they really capture the story of eve. For your images, the ones I've chosen reflect the identity well, and yes you can use 5 images and 5 graphics as your brand's assets. I expect 5 mockups from you, definitely a mobile and desktop app, maybe social media profile, and 2 posters, the rest you can decide. You can make as many assets and mockups as you want.

General Feedback: Using the method we learnt in class, you guys should be able to create mockups and collaterals. Further, make sure the word associations you give me is something visual, rather than just traits or phrases.


Week 11

Specific Feedback: Hi Thahirah, thanks for updating me. I understand why you feel stuck, and yes, I think you can take a more hand-drawn illustrative approach for your visual assets. In fact, based on your photography style and colour palette, the hand-drawn direction may work better than the current clean vector style.
 
 
Right now, your current WIP has some nice ideas, especially the ribbon/bow motif, heart lock, key, flower and fairy-like figure, but the execution still feels a bit too digital and not fully matching the dreamy, soft, personal mood of your brand. The assets are not wrong, but they still feel slightly disconnected from the photography references.
 
So yes, please make more variations, but I want you to focus on developing one consistent illustrative language. Your current direction has potential, but it needs to feel more intentional and less like separate cute elements placed around the photos.

General Feedback: Absent


Week 12

Specific Feedback: Your brand assets need to feel more cleaner and stand out alongside your bold images. The images you've used are good and works well, but you'll need supporting graphical elements that don't get lost in the pictures. Try to think of elements that can play around directly with the images you have chosen. For example, actual subjects in the image can be turned into vectorized images. For certain images, you can also take inspiration from this classmate, who made a lot of borders and shapes and lines, instead of full-illustrations which might work for your concept. For your collaterals, your main focus is the app and website interface firstly. Afterwards you can look into poster design, pins/ merchandising, and even something like coasters as you suggested might be very interesting. Keep your designs secretive yet intriguing to remain secure.


Week 13

Specific Feedback: Your assets look a lot better. I like the look of your icons and thick borders. You can now move on to making your mockups, and show me your progress. For your presentation slides, it's essentially a more compressed version of your brand guidelines. You can also use the design of your previous slides to be included. Your app is starting to look good, so is your website. I like the dark burgundy ones more. You’re getting closer, now it is more about refinement, hierarchy, and consistency. Thahira, since you're not available physical, the panel and me would like to request you to prepare a video presentation as part of a replacement and submit by latest tomorrow Saturday 6pm. So we can go through it during our grading session tomorrow, is that okay?

General Feedback: Please take note that tomorrow’s Brand Corporate Identity class, Friday, 17 July 2026, will be our Week 13 session and the final consultation week before your final submission and presentation. The consultation will be conducted in hybrid mode from 8:00am to 11:00am. You may either attend physically in class or send your latest progress to me through Microsoft Team chat during the consultation period.




*


REFLECTION

Experience: Brand Corporate Identity was incredibly fun, one of my most favourite modules yet. I learnt all there is to know about creating a brand, logo, brand identity, and even brand guidelines. It was very informative and thorough, and felt more like a passion project rather than work. I enjoyed research, something I didn't expect to, and I loved watching my visual identity and overall brand concept develop and strengthen over time. Mr Max was helpful in providing detailed critical feedback essential to improve my work. I preferred physical classes as the critique would be more straightforward and fast, I was able to adapt to changes immediately. My favourite tasks would have to be creating the logo and brand identity. I enjoy visual aspects of a brand and how to communicate ideas to a consumer, it was fun working with typography, colour, shapes and especially images to bring eve to life. Eve was a brand i took pride in, and hope could potentially shape our future society.

Observations: I observed many existing brand identities through my research, including my classmates, and understand how to create my assets and mockups. For logo design, observing the use of grids, shapes, and how a combination of elements can communicate a brand's message. Understanding how a brand not only has its own identity, but also needs to connect with its audience. The distinct difference between brand, branding, and brand identity helps me to execute this. I observed the current online dating industry, its competitors, and what makes each different from the other. There are trends, and specific target markets that needed to be met, and I felt as though eve reached those demographics.

Findings: I found a huge gap in the market for women-only dating apps that were popular. The only existing app was "Her", however their branding was so weak I wasn't able to find any information on it online to include in my case studies. Heteronormative brands like Tinder and Bumble were known world-wide and their branding was much stronger, however the more newer app Grindr broke through the market. In a country like Malaysia, however, creating this kind of app had to be done very secretively and keep the message subtle and private, to respect the safety of the users on the app, something the online dating industry fails to achieve. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog